Recent Posts

01/08/2014

Long Weekend & Good Books

This weekend will be a long weekend for us Canadians, and since Jon and I have a family reunion to host/attend we've been pretty busy this week preparing for that. Okay he's been preparing for it, and I've been working on some summer reading. I was falling behind on my Goodreads challenge, and knew that if I didn't finish the two books I was currently reading, that I'd forever fall behind and never reach my goal of 50 books by the end of the year.

You can follow along with my Goodreads challenge here.

This challenge has got me to buy books that I wouldn't normally have read. I also realized that I do in fact judge books by their cover. Perhaps that means I'm missing out on some really great books, and possibly reading some that aren't that great, but I love pretty looking books, and so far it hasn't steered me wrong. Plus my book collection is full of bright fun colours!

Here are some books I've loved:

  • The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
  • One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
  • 101 Secrets For Your 20s by Paul Angone
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
  • The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
  • Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom
  • The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
    • City of Bones
    • City of Ashes
    • City of Glass
    • City of Fallen Angels
    • City of Lost Souls
    • City of Heavenly Fire
  • Bossy Pants by Tina Fey
  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  • The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
  • Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
    • Divergent
    • Insurgent
    • Allegiant
  • How to Love by Katie Cotugno 
  • Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • The Infernal Devices
    • Clockwork Angel
I don't suggest that you read all of these books, but if you want something funny I suggest Bossy Pants or 101 Secrets for your 20s. If you want something that will make you really think about your life, or your faith, or both I suggest One Thousand Gifts, Time Keeper, and Have a Little Faith. If you want a series that will take you half the year to finish, I suggest the Mortal Instruments. If you want to cry I suggest The Rosie Project, Eleanor & Park, The Fault in Our stars, and The Best of Me.

Here are some books on my to read list, and a few that haven't made it on there yet, but have made it onto my bookshelf:
  • The Heiresses by Sara Shepard
  • The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks
  • The Infernal Devices
    • Clockwork Prince
    • Clockwork Princess
  • Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (They also wrote the beautiful creatures series)
  • Then & Always by Dani Atkins
  • I Think I Love You by Allison Pearson
  • Landline by Rainbow Rowell
  • Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin
  • The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  • P.S. I Love You by Cecilia Ahern
  • The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  • Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
  • Orange is The New Black by Piper Kerman
  • Is Everyone Hanging Out Without me by Mindy Kahling
If you want to see more of what I've read and want to read, check out my Goodreads profile and follow me! I'm trying to do more than 50 books, but who knows how that'll go.

Have a great weekend! I'll be back on Wednesday with a Project Life spread!
-Alexandria

0 comments:

Post a Comment