Recent Posts

06/08/2014

Project Life: Week Twenty-Seven

Good morning! I hope those of you who had a long weekend, enjoyed it, and those of you who had a regular weekend enjoyed it as well. We were pretty busy with Jon's family, but it was great to see everyone. I keep saying we should do it more often, and now I think we're doing it every summer, so that'll be fun!

Today I'm sharing Week 27. This week wasn't particularly busy or eventful for us, we celebrated my moms birthday, and Jon had a tournament. We simply decided that those were the only two things worth documenting this week.


This week, for the first time, I used the Olive Edition. It's an older kit, and very repetitive design wise, so I doubt I'll use all of it any time soon (might sell, or put some of it away). 


Here's the right side. This is mostly just about my mom's birthday. I made rosettes and a happy birthday banner to put over the window. When I was making the rosettes I snapped a "sneak peek" of the project and shared it on Instagram and so I used that for my title card. I used some Studio Calico alpha stickers I had on hand. I included the pink lemonade cake I made using this recipe, which was good, but the icing needs to be made from scratch, or the cake needs to be kept in the fridge after you ice it to prevent the icing melting off. When I made the cupcakes, they didn't rise and so the cupcake liners held the icing in place.


Here's the right side. Jon needs to do a bit of journaling, but he's been pretty busy as of late, so I haven't even asked him to fill these in. He thinks it's odd that I didn't ask for his handwriting before, but now I want to include it with anything he adds to the album. Perhaps I'll even get him trained to collect movie tickets, receipts, etc. from his trips. One day perhaps.

Thanks for coming by. Have a great day!
-Alexandria

0 comments:

Post a Comment