Recent Posts

20/08/2014

Studio Calico: Hello Hello Card Kit

Good Morning! Today I'm sharing the cards I made using the Hello Hello Card Kit from Studio Calico. This kit was easier to work with than some of the past kits, and that makes me happy. I have enough left over to make a few more cards if I want.


This card was inspired by a sketch on the Studio Calico blog. The sketch was inspired by a card Maggie Holmes made. I added circles to the doily patterned paper to make it more visually interesting. This is my favourite card from the kit by far.



This card was inspired by the gallery. It took me two attempts to get the dot stamp lined up the way I wanted it, and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I trimmed the bottom because I didn't care for the extra white space, though now I wish I'd left it.



This was inspired by another of Maggie Holmes' cards. This was my first ever time stamping on vellum. It was successful. I just used ColorBox ink, and regular vellum. I left it to dry for a few minutes before trimming it and adhering it to the card with a staple. 



Another card inspired by the gallery. I don't currently have a manual die cut machine (it's on my birthday wishlist) so I stamped the woodgrain frame on white cardstock and trimmed it by hand. Same with the heart.



Another card inspired by the gallery. I swapped out the string they used, and added white alphas to the red banner.Overall I'm pretty pleased with this one. It was challenging to get it to look the way I wanted, but luckily I could position the paper to hide most of my mistakes.



This card was inspired by the gallery. I made it monochromatic, stamped on some vellum, and added the blue dots. Punching through the felt was a bit of a challenge, but I imagine it would have been easier with a die cut machine.



Somewhat inspired by the gallery. When I saw these stamps I knew they'd be perfect together. I also knew these papers would be beautiful together.



This card was inspired by one from my last kit. I used some leftover herringbone vellum, and a gold tag leftover from the other card. I used the green buttons and blue dots to make two triangles of embellishments around the tag, and make a wish sentiment.



This card was made using some left over strips and the pink string in the kit. My goal was to use as much of the kit that I could. I've always loved when people stamp something more than once, and get the faded/ombre look, so I tried it here. Who doesn't think saying thank you more than once means more.


I hope you're all enjoying these last few weeks of summer! I can't believe it's almost over! Soon work will be open again, and I'll be trying to be crafty in my decreased free time, but I'm sure I'll find a way to make it work.

 Have a great day!
-Alexandria

0 comments:

Post a Comment