Recent Posts

13/11/2014

Project Life: Week Thirty-Seven

Good morning! Today I'm sharing week thirty-seven. I can't believe this is from back in September. I also can't believe it's only a month and a half until Christmas. It's really creeping up on us, and I'm crossing my fingers that we have all of our ducks in a row. We only get like a week off over Christmas, and between when we open and the New Year, we only run 12 hour days, so hopefully I'll have more crafty time!

For this spread, I used more Studio Calico cards. It seems to be a thing I'm doing lately, and I need to toss in some extra, non SC cards so I use other things from my stash. I love the colors of this spread. I might rearrange the cards so that the pink & yellow card on the right of the left page, and the book are in similar positions on the layout. (OCD much?) This week was Grandparent's day, and I had my niece and nephew every other day for most of the week, so I didn't get very much of what I wanted to, done.


Here's the left side. I just wrote my title for the week, straight onto my photo. I print my photos on matte paper, and haven't had any issues with smudging as long as I let the ink dry for a few minutes before inserting it into the pocket page. I love that hello sunshine card. It'd been cloudy and cold the week before, so it was nice to see some sunshine!
I also noticed that cropping my photos in my camera roll, does nothing once they're uploaded, so of course you have a tiny bit of my foot at the bottom. I usually edit them in Pic Tap Go, but these photos didn't need much more than a quick crop, and I didn't need multiple copies of the same photo.


Here's the right side. My niece and nephew came over, and my niece and I baked muffins and cookies. I uses some thickers, a little printable with a heart, and a label to make the yellow card on the left work for me. It says "today in one word" and I wrote messy. On the little label, I wrote what happened that was messy (tori spilt juice, we baked, etc.). The pink card next to the photo of Emmett, says "It doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful" and I journaled on the front & back of that card about what prompted the messy card.

I was cleaning up some flour in the kitchen from our muffins & cookies, when Tori called me in because Emmett "smelled bad". So I go to change his diaper, thinking he was finished, and he was not. Tori spilled her juice, so I put Emmett on a clean diaper to minimize the amount of mess he'd make all over himself, and grabbed a cloth to clean up Tori's juice, then went back to cleaning up Emmett, used up all the wipes and had to grab a damp paper towel. What a mess. Luckily I didn't have a melt down, but I was close. When I told Jon about this he said "and you want how many children?". I know he was only joking, but he had a point.

Thanks for coming by to check out my Week 37 spread.
Have a great day!
-Alexandria

3 comments:

Craftcherry said...

The colors you chose work great with your pictures. That's awesome that you get to spend so much time with your niece and nephew, messes and all.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for linking up to Project Life Monday Link Up! I too get to babysit my nephews often and it is definitely fun but a lot more work having younger kiddos around again! Hope you link up again next week so I can see more of your pages :)

Jennie Garcia said...

Really cute pages!
TFS! Take Care!
Jennie

Post a Comment