Recent Posts

06/11/2014

Project Life: Week Thirty-Six

Good morning! Today I'm sharing my Project Life spread for Week 36. I'm trying to stay on top of getting my spreads done, or at least having notes about what happened each week, and keeping it in my album so when I sit down to work on it, I'm not pulling out 100 different pages of notes and my album, and photos. Trying to keep everything simple so I'll actually get it done, and can stay on top of it.


This week I used Studio Calico, and I think the 3x4 card on the far left is from 5th & Frolic (but might have also been in an SC kit). It's been so long since I did this spread that it's often hard to remember where the cards came from, but I know most of them are Studio Calico.


Here's the left side. I've started adding mostly plain cards to the left side to use as title cards. Generally they depict the weather, or the changing season of that particular week. I just have such a hard time narrowing down my photos, that I'm totally okay making one of them a title. The orange and pink card that says September, was a 4x6 card, but because all it had on it was the little piece in the center saying "September" I trimmed it down to 3x4. 


I added a little wood veneer to the top of the card and just attached it with a regular staple (a tiny attacher is on my wishlist). The alphas on my title card are Dear Lizzy and have little navy polka dots on them.


Here's the right side. I included photos of my nephew, the beginning of my 30 Days album, my book shelf, the restaurant at work that was slowly coming together, and the tread climber. My goal was to start working out, and that lasted all of a couple weeks, before I started procrastinating it again (of course).

My spreads are pretty simple and straightforward, but if they weren't, I wouldn't get them finished. I  love the simplicity of Project Life for that reason. I've heard people say that it's "scrapbooking for lazy people" but it's really not. I've seen some people spend just as long on a Project Life spread, as they do on traditional pages. This can be as simple or as extravagant as you want it to be.

Have a great day!
-Alexandria

0 comments:

Post a Comment