Recent Posts

06/11/2015

Build a Life You Love

Good morning! Today I'm sharing a layout that I absolutely love. Ever since that first hand embroidered page I did, I've fallen in love, and try to add embroidery to as many projects as I can. It's something I just love to do while I'm watching TV, and I can definitely see more of this in the future. I love the texture it adds to my pages and how easy it is to add some colour.

With this layout I tried something a little different. I stitched my title on the left side, and then I went back and cut and "interior offset" using my silhouette and cut pieces to fit inside of each letter and painted them similar colours with water colours. I love how they turned out. The letters looked incomplete without the paper in the middle, and I'm so happy with how it looks. On the right side, I added a piece of rainbow chevron striped paper, a photo of Jon and I, a little chipboard banner, and some typed journaling. I wrote the journaling as more of a letter to Jon, and love how this layout turned out. I love that the focus is mostly on the large title, and there's minimal embellishing to take away from that.

Thank you for coming by to check out this beautiful spread. I think I might frame this one and hang it in our bedroom. It's too pretty to sit in an album where no one will ever look at it.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
-Alexandria

0 comments:

Post a Comment