Recent Posts

26/05/2014

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

I was looking for some new cake recipes since I'm hosting my Mom's birthday in July, and Jon's family is having their reunion in August, and two of my sister-in-law's are expecting babies. I wanted something that I could make for various occasions throughout the next few months.


I found quite a few different versions of this recipe, but the simplest one came from Betty Crocker.

Cupcakes:
1 Box Betty Crocker SuperMoist natural vanilla cake mix
3/4 Cup frozen (thawed) pink lemonade concentrate
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1/4 Cup water
3 Eggs
Pink food coloring if desired

Frosting
1 Container Betty Crocker Whipped Fluffy White Frosting
6 tablespoons frozen (thawed) pink lemonade concentrate
Pink food coloring if desired
Candy sprinkles if desired

Directions:
Heat oven to 350F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make cake batter as directed on box, using ingredients listed above. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
Bake 20-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
In large bowl, beat frosting, 6 tablespoons lemonade concentrate and food coloring with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Frost cooled cupcakes. Garnish tops with candy sprinkles.

I highly recommend following this recipe very closely. I did not, and my batter was very runny and I ended up with 4 dozen. The batter also didn't rise so my cupcakes were half the size of normal cupcakes. They were however, a huge hit with my family, and Jon's. They've all asked if I'm making them again.

Enjoy!
-Alex

0 comments:

Post a Comment