Recent Posts

21/05/2014

Project Life: Week Eighteen

Happy Wednesday! I keep saying that I want to bring back washitape Wednesday, but project life has been consuming my crafty time as of late. I know it shouldn't be, but it has been. I made a few cards before Easter for an order, and shared them on my Facebook page, but I haven't made anything post-worthy since (except for two Mother's Day cards I forgot to even photograph).


This week I used cards from Jade edition, Studio Calico, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan and Honey Edition.


Here's the left side. This week I included my happy mail from Two Peas and Freckled Fawn. I didn't have space to put a journaling card in to write about going to Tori's first T-Ball practice, so I journaled right on the picture. I just used my sharpie pen and had no issues with smudging or anything. 


Here i trimmed my photo down to fit on a Dear Lizzy Neapolitan background card. I added a label from Studio Calico to the bottom to journal about it and a yummy flair. 


I'm not a huge fan of alphas, but I got some thinkers, and I've been trying to use them despite my great dislike. I feel like they just look better than my handwriting. I've also decided that on future spreads I might want to try stamping out the week. 


Here's the right side of my spread. I wrote directly onto the photo of the water bottles. I took the photo in a way that I'd have space to write on the photo or at least add a card/tag to journal on. I trimmed around the banner of the journaling card in the bottom left pocket and had it overlap the photo. I trimmed down a journaling card and adhered it to the bottom right photo. 


I've been seeing flip pockets everywhere so I decided to try and make one with things I have on hand. I trim pocket pages to use for inserts, so I trimmed a pocket out of one of the left over halves and stapled it to the front of the pocket. 


And below it I put my May calendar card. I can change out these cards if I want to, or add something to the top of the flap. You can buy pockets that are intended to be flip pockets. They come with a strip of adhesive on them to secure them to the pocket. 

Have you ever used a flip pocket, or made your own? I'd love to hear about your trial and error in the comments. 

Have a great day!
-Alexandria 

0 comments:

Post a Comment