Recent Posts

28/05/2014

Project Life: Week Twenty

Today I'm sharing week twenty. It wasn't anything special, but lately I've been struggling a bit with choosing cards. I need to clean the clutter off my desk and get rid of some things in the craftroom and hopefully get my crafty mojo back. This week I stepped out of my comfort zone a bit and used glitter. I still hate it, but it was the easiest way for me to get alphas that went with this layout.


This week I used cards and paper from My Mind's Eye: Cut and Paste, Maggie Holmes, Studio Calico, Dear Lizzy Polka Dot Party, Dear Lizzy Daydreamer, and customizable thickers.


Here's the left side. I added some chipboard stickers from the Sugar Rush kit from Studio Calico. The wood veneer heart is from Freckled Fawn. It was our anniversary this week so I journaled about that. Added a double flip pocket on the left to include some texts to my sister about a heavy metal band we wanted to start.


This title card was made using some paper from the 6x6 Cut and Paste paper pad by My Mind's Eye. These thickers were like double sided foam tape, so I added glitter to make them navy and match my layout.


Wood veneer heart and chipboard heart. Also included a chipboard arrow in the top left corner. It's pointing to the photo the journaling goes with.


This card is from the Dear Lizzy Polkadot Party mini kit (I think). I used it to write down the date. It was our two year anniversary and the first time Jon's ever bought me flowers. He's allergic, so he's always bought me other things instead (which I was okay with) but this year he said he'd suffer through it since we already had flowers in the house.


The card with the happy anniversary tag (from the flowers) above it was the inspiration for this whole layout. I wanted to use it desperately so I found a way to pull in the different shades of turquoise and pulled in some navy from the cape when I got my hair cut. I journalled about how I cut off 13 inches of hair again (and took a selfie). We also had the first 'twister' (basically a blizzard, just not from DQ) of the year. It was delicious!

There you have my week 20. Probably the first time this year that I've included something that wasn't a photo or a PL card. It fits perfectly!

Have a great day!
-Alexandria

0 comments:

Post a Comment