Recent Posts

09/02/2015

Project Life | Title Page & Week 1

Good morning! Today I'm excited to share the beginning of 2015. This year I want to keep everything in one album, so I'm trying to keep my weeks on one two page spread. So far it's been hard to fill even one two page spread. I haven't been taking many photos, but I'm okay with it. Everything I want to remember is still being written down, or photographed.


This year I'm using this gold woodgrain album by Teresa Collins for We R Memory Keepers. I love it. I need to get a page lifter, but otherwise I love everything about this album. I almost want to switch all my Project Life pages into this album (obviously I'd need more albums).


Here's my title page. I decided I wanted to use cards from my stash because none of the first/last cards from any of the kits I have, were really my style. I cut some patterned paper for the top left pocket, and the rest of the cards came from old Studio Calico kits. I'm so happy with how it turned out.


Here's a close up of one of the cards. I used a gold button from the Maggie Holmes embellishment jar, and had Jon cut the back off of it to make it flat, and glued it onto this card. So happy with how it turned out. Just wish it was a little less bulky.


I used a stamp set from Studio Calico to stamp on this card.


Here's my spread for week 1. I was sick so I didn't take many photos, I included a few things I was working on this week, some movies I watched, texts from Jon, etc. I took A LOT of cold medicine this week. I had the world's worst cold and it took me two weeks to get over it.


Here's the left side. I used some cards from the December Studio Calico kit, and a few from my stash. I wanted to keep it simple, and use mostly photos and my words. Being sick wasn't the way I wanted to start my year, but I took photos of the drugs I was taking, and the cough drops. I made myself a couple of smoothies to get some fruits into my system, and took lots of naps.


Here's the right side. The "currently" card has the movies I watched while home sick. I started watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, Jon texted me sweet things that made me smile, and I finished Elizabeth is missing. I worked on sample Save the Date cards for his sister, so I printed those off to include. In Week 2, I include the one that she chose.



Thanks for coming by to see this super simple spread for Week 1. Please don't forget to visit Karen's blog to add your link to the link up! I look forward to seeing your spreads and being inspired!

Have a great day!
-Alexandria

0 comments:

Post a Comment