Recent Posts

25/02/2015

Studio Calico: Walden Card Kit

Good morning! I know this card kit is a little overdue (it was released in November), but sometimes I let my card kits pile up, then pull out a few and work on them over a weekend just to get them off the shelf. In this case, I needed a blog topic, so I worked on this card kit (and the December one).


For this card, I used some scrap pieces, and this stamp from Ali Edwards. I love  thank you cards. There's just something about showing someone how much you appreciate them, even if it's just with a simple card.


I loved the little plastic label-like sentiments that were included in this kit. I used every single one of them!


Inside the little wood veneer arrow, it says "hooray for sweater weather". Jon loves this card, I just wanted to use the orange cloud paper.


I used some scrap strips to look like washitape at the top and bottom of my sentiment. I loved the nuts about you sentiment. I wanted to use the little acorn stamp, but I only have one shade of brown, and it didn't look good all one shade of brown, so I used the nuts about you stamp like this.


I also couldn't get the apple stamp to look like an apple so I just used the "you're the apple of my eye" sentiment by itself. I think it looks fine. I added some diamond washitape along the edge where the papers met to hide the seam.


My favourite card! I love the pale colours, and the wood veneer heart is the perfect size. I wrapped the yellow ribbon around the seam and adhered it to the back of the patterned papers. Still love love love those plastic sentiments.


My favourite paper in the whole kit. I love looking at it. I almost want to make it into wallpaper and make an accent wall with it.


Used some scraps, and more diamond washitape and another plastic sentiment on this card. I love the look of it!

Thanks for coming by to check out the cards I made using the Walden card kit from Studio Calico. I hope you have a great day!
-Alexandria

0 comments:

Post a Comment